As Secretary, Youth Affairs, Government of Kerala, Dr. Bose was the Chief Coordinator of the National Youth Festival held in Trivandrum. He also initiated innovative programmes to promote sports and adventure among youth. The adventure park, boating facilities, roller skating rink and obstacle courses set up by him in Kollam as part of the District Tourism Promotion Council gave a fillip to sports and adventure activities among the youth. He also initiated para gliding, mountaineering and other adventure sports activities in the state.
The AB Model received international recognition as reflected in a series of awards including:
- UNCHS – Awards for Excellence 1996 – Global Best Practice
- Bremen Partnership Award 2001, Germany – for efficient use of Natural Resources.
- Cities Asia Urban Green Management Excellence Award, 2001 – RIET-PSAE, Singapore.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowship 1994 – Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, New Delhi
- Special Habitat Award 1989 – Government of India